Abodo Finalist in 2014 Sustainable 60 Awards
It’s true. 2014 is a record year for Abodo Wood in terms of awards.
This year’s “awards circuit” for Abodo has included: the Timber Design Awards (highly commended), the Green Ribbon Award (winner) and the Best Awards (finalist).
So it is with great pride that we announce that Abodo Wood has been named a finalist in the Sustainable 60 Awards.
The Sustainable 60 Awards recognise excellence in sustainable business. It is an fantastic opportunity to showcase and be recognised for sustainable business, share best practice and celebrate success.
There are five Sustainable 60 Award categories:
- Strategy and Governance – The structure and road map that creates a sustainable business
- Workplace – Creating great workplaces through positive initiatives
- Marketplace – Sustainable initiatives throughout the value chain; from sourcing resources, to manufacturing, to selling, to customer use and finally end of life
- Environment – Managing the environmental impact and creating better business performance
- Community – Creating positive community and business outcomes
Abodo Wood has been nominated under the Overall Sustainable Business Awards in the Small Business category.
Abodo’s work in creating healthy wood products and reducing the toxicity of building materials is no doubt the driver behind the nomination.